Thursday, March 7, 2013

Avoiding and a picture dump

I think I have been avoiding blogging for a while because I have several updates that I really need to post but taking the time to post the pictures just seems a little exhausting to me.  At least that's my excuse.  It could also have something to do with the post partum I finally admitted to having a couple weeks ago.  Its really funny because after I had both my girls I suppressed the idea that I might have post partum and once I admitted it things seem to get so much better.  I spent time talking about how I have nothing to feel sad about and listening to someone tell me that all my crazy feelings are completely normal.  That person also told me that I need to try and do the exact thing that I was fighting to do every day.  Get out of bed, get dressed, get out of the house, exercise and spend time with friends. Maybe go on a date with Ron but that hasn't happened yet.  Ron suggested that I start working on a project and I started making Easter dresses for the girls.  Not that any of those things are cure alls but that they help get through the fog of depression.  I post all this in hopes that someone else will realize the way they feel is normal.  Every day gets a little better!

In January Ron started a second job and on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday the poor man wakes up before any of us girls are up in the house and doesn't get home till well after the girls have been put to sleep.  He misses his little girls like crazy those three days and we all look forward to the weekends. Every night he kisses the girls while they sleep so peacefully.   Every day Lizzy asks me if we can go see daddy.  She is such a daddies girl.

While dealing with a three year old is sometimes VERY hard, especially those days when I have no help from Ron, I have to admit that I love my life.  Its not perfect and some days I am completely exhausted and some days I cant say that I love my life. but I really really do.  Having two kids is awesome and wonderful and even hard but wonderful in so many ways.  It is so fun watching Cindie grow and Lizzy grow right along with her.  I love the way Cindie lights up when she sees Lizzy and vice versa.  I often think that I would have done it sooner (If I could have) if I would have known how fun it is to see two kids together!

Cindie turned 4 months on the 25th of last month and she just gets funner and funner.  She is really into grabbing things and putting them in her mouth.  She also recently started grabbing my hair and mouth when she eats. Its my favorite thing along with pulling her into bed with me in the morning and nursing her.  She is a lot more reserved and chill then her sister was but she is such a joy!   A couple weeks ago a friend of mine was holding her in church and about five minutes into it she looked up and realized it wasn't me.  Out came her big fat pouty lip and it made me one happy mom to know she knows me. I was really hoping that she would be in the 7th percentile for weight at her check up but was only in the 40th.  Maybe big, fat, chubby babies isn't in the cards for me but I will keep hoping!  Either way we will take whatever chub we can get =)

Tomorrow night Grimm starts again and I have been waiting for it for months now!  Is anyone else as excited as me?  I also get to see BOTH my sisters tomorrow which is the best thing in the world...the only thing that would make it better is if my mom could come too!

Here is a pictures dump from my phone!
Saturday morning snuggles
 Lizzys tumbling

 Sunday dances with Daddy!!

 Lizzy holding Cousin Haley who is showing some serious red hair!!! WE LOVE IT!!


 Cindie showing off her tummy time skills
 She kicks her way out of her swaddle


 Lizzy wrote her name in the snow =)  Proud mommy!

Rough day!!!
They love taking baths together.
 I love how she pushes her lips together like this when she sleeps!!
 On Sundays when I take Cindie to eat during sacrament meeting Lizzy sits with daddy on the stands and this is what they do.  Lizzy may be dyslexic????
Sunday pretties!!


5 comments:

  1. What a great post. What a sweet time in life, and what sweet girls. Good for you for pushing through the tough days, miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too Mary! Hoping that we will get to spend some quality time together when you are in town for brits wedding! Too bad its so far away =)

      Delete
  2. First of all, I need to learn more about post pardum. is it possible that I could have it even though Kjel is almost 1? I feel like I just got hit the past couple weeks with a huge dark cloud and I've never experienced depression before, but when I read this post I started thinking "maybe it's that". Who knows.

    You look AMAZING. I'm so jealous right now! :) I'm still working on my last ten pounds of baby weight and it's almost been a year. oy.

    Anyway, your family is adorable! I love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brooke, I don't know at what point it is considered not considered post partum anymore but a dark cloud is the best way to describe it for me. I honestly am so sorry that you are feeling it though. I was never prone to depression either but with both my girls I have felt it. Not as bad as some I have heard but bad enough.

      Thank you! If it makes you feel better I have like 13 lbs still to get to my prepregnancy weight and it has been so hard. I have hit a major plateau so don't feel bad. I think the last ten lbs are always the hardest.

      Delete
  3. I love that you are open about your post partum. I got it for the first time after this last baby (#3) and it has been rough especially since no one talks about it. Mine didn't show up until the baby was 8 months old and I found out you can get it up to a year after the baby is born.

    ReplyDelete