Friday, April 12, 2013

In search of a home


Our house went under contract last wednesday and honestly it was the longest process EVER!  A couple offers in and a a couple weeks later it was official.  And can I just say that trying to find a home and sale a home at the same time is way more stressful than I ever would have thought.  In the scheme of things my problems are miniscule compared to most so let me just say that I am not complaining...merely stating a fact!   We would be hitting our 5 years mark of living in our current home in July and I have never lived in a home this long. I can't seem to wrap my mind around making another house a home.  This is my home! This is the place I have called home longer than any other place and I have a big long list of all the things that I am going to miss about this place and most of them aren't the monetary things except for all my beautiful fruit trees. Most of them are the amazing memories that we have made here.   The sweat we have poured into making this place what we wanted it and the tears we have shed in it, the smiles and the laughs we have heard here, the snuggles we have done here, the trials we have overcome here and the amazing humble people we have met here.  Really, the people we have become here! We have a few more weeks here and I know shutting the doors for the last time and walking away from this home will be a hard day for me.  I dread it and look forward to it all at the same time...and I will continue to work on this:


One of the greatest blessings we can offer to the world is the power of a Christ-centered home where the gospel is taught, covenants are kept, and love abounds 
Elder Richard G. Scott

2 comments:

  1. That would be so hard! I still miss apartments we lived in for a year, I can't even imagine a house for 5! I am glad you got it sold and can find a new place- can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, there is nothing like leaving a place that you've grown in and loved. And I really can't imagine how stressed out I'd be if I were trying to sell and buy at the same time! We are still renting, mostly because I get too stressed out with the whole process of finding a home we love enough to buy. Good luck! I'm excited to see pictures of your new place!

    ReplyDelete